AGENDA FOR 2/23/16
Governing Council Agenda
February 23, 2016
- Call to Order
- Flag Salute
- Role Call
- Vote to Approve the Minutes for 12/17 meeting
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- Fill out a comment request form in order to speak.
- Speakers allowed 3 minutes to speak. The Secretary will indicate when your time has expired.
- Public comments are not a dialogue and council members will not respond to comments except for clarification questions. The Council may address concerns during a future meeting.
- The Chair will call your name when it is your turn to speak.
- Public comments will be limited to 30 minutes.
- PRESENTATION ITEMS
- Budget Update – Jose Navarro
- EWA Presentation – EWA Sub-Committee
- SPSA Presentation – Marike Aguilar
- Presentation of Language Census – Marike Aguilar
- ACTION ITEMS
- Recommendations on Language Census
- Vote to approve EWA
- Vote to approve SPSA
- NEW BUSINESS
Please support your student by joining today! 1st Meeting Sept. 14th
Contact Ibet @ 818-837-6286
Your upcoming PTSA Meetings are the evenings of:
Parent/Family Governance of Pilot Schools
Each Pilot School shall be governed by a Governing School Council (GSC)… The responsibilities of the GSC are as follows:
Set the school vision, approve the annual budget, approve the annual Election to Work Agreement (EWA),…recommend the selection of the school leader, [and]…managing the Internal Appeal Process
- Attend governance training
- Attend at least 6 meetings a year
- Oversee Internal Appeals Process
- Elect to Work Agreement
- Principal Evaluation Process
- Approve Budget
- Monitor student achievement
- SAVE THESE DATES FOR GOVERNANCE:
- @ 5:30pm in D114