Every Wednesday, Mission City Community Network sends its Clinic on Wheels or C.O.W. to CCLA, providing students with medical, dental, vision, and mental health services. Mission City is a non-profit community health clinic serving families living in the San Fernando Valley that are uninsured or underinsured.
Services Provided at the C.O.W.
- Diagnosis and treatment of minor and acute illnesses
- First Aid of minor injuries
- Physical examinations (General Sports, pre-employment)
- Treatment of acne and other skin problems
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Family planning services including examinations and contraceptive methods.
- Pregnancy testing and referral for prenatal care
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Laboratory services
- Alcohol and other drug abuse counseling and referral.
- HIV Testing
- Diet and weight control program
- Dental Services
How do you enroll?
Students may enroll by filling out the Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form (good for 1 year) and the LAUSD consent form, which is available in the Humanitas Main Office.
What does it cost?
The services are absolutely FREE for students.
When is the clinic available?
The clinic is available next to the football field every Wednesday from 8:30am-3:00pm.