Social Justice Humanitas Academy is in the LAUSD North Valley Zone of Choice, which means enrollment is open to all students in the the area through the Zone of Choice application process.
What is Zone of Choice?
- LAUSD’s vision is that every student will receive a quality education in a safe, caring environment, and every high school graduate will be college prepared and career-ready. Zones of Choice are geographic areas comprised of multiple high school options that emerged as a strategy to increase the number of personalized educational options available to students. The small school options in each zone are open to all resident students. All school options offer college preparatory curriculum, A-G standards-based instruction, and preparation for college and careers.” (http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/1888)
- El sitio web de LAUSD’s Zonas de opción dice, “La visión del Distrito Escolar Unificado de Los Ángeles es que cada estudiante recibirá una educación de calidad en un ambiente seguro y atento, y cada diplomado será preparado para universidad y carrera. Zonas de Opción ha surgido como una estrategia de aumentar el número de opciones educativas personalizadas disponibles para estudiantes. Zonas de Opción son áreas geográficas compuestos de múltiples opciones escolares. Las opciones de escuelas pequeñas en cada zona están abiertas a todos los estudiantes residentes y representan la demografía de la área local. Todas las opciones de escuela ofrecen currículo preparatorio de la universidad, instrucción A-G basados en estándares, y preparación para universidad y carrera.
Directions for students attending Maclay, Olive Vista, Pacoima, or San Fernando Middle Schools
- Step 1: Middle School students will receive lessons at their current school on making good choices regarding their Senior High School choice.
- Step 2: Students will apply online at their Middle School and rank the available Senior High Schools according to preference.
- Step 3: Students will print out application and take home for parent approval.
- Step 4: Students will return signed application to their current Middle School.
- Step 5: In April/May 2018, students will receive an acceptance letter from their High School as assigned by the District office according to student preference.
Directions for students at any other school not listed above
- Step 1: Applications will be available at the CCLA Welcome Center, or online at http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/4867. Print the application or pick up a paper application.
- Step 2: Parents and students will complete application and rank the available Senior High Schools according to preference.
- Step 3: Turn in the completed application to the CCLA Welcome Center or Humanitas office. The application will be forwarded to the Zone of Choice office.
- Step 4: In April/May 2018, students will receive acceptance letter from their Senior High School as assigned by district office according to student preference.
For more information, please review the 2018-19 North Valley Zone of Choice Brochure: